You are cordially invited to participate in the Commission on the Status of Women’s Advancing Women in Leadership Symposium on Thursday, December 1, 2022. This is a free, in-personal professional development and networking opportunity open to anyone on the University of Arizona campus.
This is an in-person event and will be held at the Student Union. We are excited to see you!
This year is focused on motivating, empowering, reenergizing and reconnecting women after the pandemic. We hope you can join us for this exciting event!
8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. Continental Breakfast and Networking
9:00- 9:30am Introduction
Sessions are designed as 30-minute mini-workshops with informative, interactive, mindfulness and relaxing as the themes. Choose from these exciting topics:
- Imposter Syndrome
- Workplace bullying in higher education
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Writing a positionality statement and why you should have one
Topic: Path to Leadership Opportunities
This session will bring together five inspiring women leaders at the University of Arizona to share their diverse experiences that led them to their current leadership position. They will share how mentors have supported them in their career and professional development and the experiences that led them to become leaders.
- Dr. Kasey Urquidez, Vice President, Enrollment Management & Dean of Undergraduate Admissions
- Leticia Soto-Delgadillo, Executive Director, A-Center
- Dr. Arezu Corella, Assistant Vice President, Enrollment Programs Operations & Systems & Associate Dean of Undergraduate Admissions
- Raquel Givens, Interim Assistant Dean and Senior Director, Curricular Affairs
- Emily Ross, Executive Director, Recruitment and Enrollment Marketing & Assistant Dean, Undergraduate Admissions
Dr. Dawn Demps
Assistant Professor, Educational Policy Studies and Practice, College of Education
We will be honoring our recipients for the Edith Sayre Established Visionary Award, the Edith Sayre Emerging Visionary Award as well as the Maria Teresa Velez Outstanding Mentoring Awards to an outstanding staff member and and an outstanding faculty member.