Maria Teresa Velez Outstanding Mentoring Award
The Outstanding Mentoring Award recognizes individuals with an outstanding commitment to mentoring within The University of Arizona. This prestigious award honors and celebrates people who are making a difference through mentoring and who have significantly demonstrated a commitment above and beyond, through their individual mentoring accomplishments, their creation of high quality mentoring experiences for others, and their efforts contributing to building a mentoring culture at the University of Arizona.
Two awards are given: Outstanding Mentor - Staff, and Outstanding Mentor - Faculty
Nominees should demonstrate:
- Their individual mentoring accomplishments
- Their creation of high quality mentoring experiences for others (that facilitate growth and development)
- Their efforts contribute to building a mentoring culture at the University of Arizona.
The nomination period for 2020 is now closed.
Awards will be presented at the Visionary Leadership Award Ceremony on:
Thursday, April 16, 2020
5:00 - 6:30 p.m.: Hors d'oeuvres and networking followed by Awards Ceremony beginning at 5:30.
University of Arizona Bookstore at the Student Union, lower level
Previous Maria Teresa Velez Outstanding Mentoring Awardees
- Outstanding Mentor: Guadalupe Federico, Assistant Dean, College of Medicine Phoenix
- Faculty Award: Stephanie Troutman, Assistant Professor, English
- Appointed Professional Award: Marti Lindsey, Associate Director, Center for Toxicology
- Classified Staff: Pamela Denney, Administrative Associate, Yavapai County Office
- Appointed Professional: Amanda Gluski, Director of Student Engagement, College of Nursing
- Faculty: Judith Gordon, Professor, College of Nursing
- Appointed Professional: Catherine Merrill, Project Manager, Technical and Deputy Project Manager, Steward Observatory
- Classified Staff: Lesa Langan-DuBerry, Program Coordinator, Confluence Center for Creative Inquiry
- Faculty: Lalitha Madhaven, Assistant Professor, Neurology, Evelyn F. Mcknight Brain Institute, Molecular and Cellular Biology, BIO5 Institute, Medicine, Neuroscience GIDP, Physiological Sciences GIDP